About Our Medically Supervised Weight Loss Program
Medically supervised weight loss at our wellness clinic utilizes natural dietary supplements whose formula contains nutritional ingredients that are known to aid in fatty acid transportation, fatty acid metabolism and blood sugar stabilization in addition to increase metabolism and detoxification. When our medically supervised weight Loss program is combined with healthy and specific amounts of anti-inflammatory foods with a low glycemic index, your body will be more efficient at converting stored fat into energy.
In general, our medically supervised weight loss programs help the body to metabolize fat more efficiently and use it as energy. Additionally, our weight loss system includes dietary and behavioral modification guidance as well as a strategy to help maintain a long-term weight loss.
What To Expect During Dr. Heimgartner’s Medically Supervised Weight Loss Treatment Program
- Our weight loss program is doctor supervised. Each participant has a follow-up visit with Dr. Heimgartner on a weekly basis. During these doctor-patient encounters, patients will answer questions regarding their overall health, their diet and any challenges they have.
- Participants are then weighed, receive an 8-point body measurement and blood pressure is taken.
- All patients are pre-screened for any possible complicating factors.
- The Medically Supervised Weight Loss Program is based on a low glycemic index and anti-inflammatory (LGAI) diet.
- The Medically Supervised Weight Loss Program includes the consumption of complex carbohydrates and is not a “protein-only” program.
- During the six-week program, the patient will consume between twenty-four and thirty ounces of nutrient-dense, low glycemic index and anti-inflammatory foods per day.
- The program is six weeks in duration and falls well within the accepted standards for weight loss diets. It is also paired with other lifestyle changes.
- The program provides a “re-feeding” component during which participants transition back to a “normal” diet.
- Patients are provided with guidelines, strategies and tools to help them increase their chances of long-term weight loss success.